Doing well in our fast-paced world requires lots of brain power, good memory, and fast response time. We know good diet, fresh air, exercise and rest are essential. We also know that doesn’t always happen. As we grow older, many of us seek ways to keep our brains fresh and our energy strong.
Yet all too often we overlook the basics of long-term health in our search for a quick boost. The popularity of caffeine and sugar-laden drinks, and shelves full of drugs and pharmaceutical products attest to this. Here’s the good news.
Herbs that are Neuroprotective, Cell Protective
You can find enormously protective and effective brain support in nature’s own medicine cabinet — the rainforest. The rainforest herbs in Elephant Elixir are especially effective in protecting brain cells, improving memory, and combating the effects of aging.
Herbs that are Anti-aging
What makes these herbs anti-aging? If you protect brain cells from breaking down and aging, you protect the body as well. This in turn improves memory and supports the immune system to help the body from falling ill. These specialized cell protective qualities keep our minds sharper and help our bodies retain a youthful elasticity.
The Amazon Rainforest Herbs of Elephant Elixir
- Samambaia (Polypodium decumanum): Many types of ferns are found in traditional medicine around the world and most share similarities. Samambaia is typical in that as a medicinal fern it is valued as a tonic, blood cleanser (to detoxify the body), upper respiratory healer and immune system support. It is also used in treating psoriasis. Unique to samambaia and the reason it is the main ingredient inElephant Elixir, is its ability to protect brain cells. In 1997, a U.S. patent was filed on a samambaia leaf and rhizome extract capable of treating brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. The patent and several in vivo studies found samambaia protects against brain cell degeneration, promotes repair of damaged brain cells, and has a protective effect on brain cells. Anapsos (brand name) is used now in Europe for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa): Uña de gato, literally cat’s claw, refers to the large claw-like thorns along this large woody vine. Uña de gato has been used medicinally for at least 2,000 years and is prized among herbal remedies. Since the 1970’s cat’s claw has been researched in almost every industrialized country. These studies validate many of the traditional uses and offer hope in treating ailments common to N. Americans. Some of them include chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, lupus, inflammatory conditions, cancer, and intestinal disorders. One reason it is so adaptable is that it is one of a handful of plants that are “adaptogenic,” — in some unknown way these plants are able to restore the normal functions of an organ or a system. Cat’s claw is added to Elephant Elixir because of its cell protective qualities. It also adds a deeply supportive organ tonic and immune support.
- Sarsasparilla (Smilax officinalis): A long woody vine, sarsaparilla, like cat’s claw, is also ‘adaptogenic.’ It is in Elephant Elixir because the sarsaparilla root is highly valued for its cell-protective abilities, and is considered neuroprotective – i.e. it protects brain cells. Sarsasparilla root is also a tonic, and supports additional energy by toning, balancing, and strengthening overall body functions. Sarsasparilla root has also been used for centuries in South America to treat other ailments including rheumatism, digestive problems and hypertension.
- Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides): A small tree native to the Brazilian rainforest, muira puama is also called potency wood for its longstanding use in treating impotence. Historically muira puama has been used to treat many types of ailments, and many of its indigenous uses have been validated through research. The latest research confirms muira puama’s traditional use as an aid for memory and nervous disorders, which is why it is included in Elephant Elixir. Brazilian researchers reported in 2003 that an alcohol extract of muira puama facilitated memory retrieval in both young and aged mice and noted its potential benefits for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Catuaba (Erythroxlyum catuaba): A small fast growing tree, catuaba is native to the Amazon rainforest of northern Brazil. It is the best known of all Brazilian aphrodisiac plants. It is included in Elephant Elixir because it reduces forgetfulness and improves poor memory. Catuaba is also valued for its tonic abilities and use in general fatigue and exhaustion. It is considered healthy for the central nervous system and its ability to reduce anxiety.
Herbs that Strengthen the Brain
Together, the five herbs in Elephant Elixir are an ideal combination for strengthening the vital functions of the brain as well as supporting the body’s all-important central nervous system and immune system. Our brains are more than the processor of a super-computer. They are also the great balancer of emotions and spirit. By protecting our brain cells we can expect improved health and well being. We can look to high octane performance from our body, mind and spirit.
The Importance of Protecting against Brain Cell Loss
Protecting the brain and the body’s cells is very important. Often our diets and lives today include harmful additives and lack the proper nutrition that can protect our brain cells. This can potentially lead to debilitating conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia later in life.
One of the natural side effects of aging is a loss of brain cells leading to memory loss, a loss of focus as well as difficulties in sharp thinking. The brain is the most complicated organ in our body and the aging process loses brain cells rapidly; like 30,000 to 50,000 each day! Elephant Elixir helps to reduce loss of these all important brain cells and fights against the aging process.
The result is clearer thinking, increased memory and sharper brain function.Protecting our cells from the aging process is important throughout our lives. If you remember Elephant Elixirit will help you remember a clearer and sharper life!